Waitress’ Diary 16 - April in a Rush

-->
-->
April 2010 is flying so fast!

Enjoy the laid-back spring sun in Taipei on one hand, whilst often catching up with the schedule a bit late on the other. Like rushing for the hectic Metro in Taipei, always running down stairs to the platform and hoping to be able to slide through the doors while beep sound just rings!

Old friend H and A came all the way from London for a drink at the bar with me. 

JP artist friends, Kenji and Shimu left Taipei after finishing their installation artworks of numerous warm jingles and a concept of a creative TW-JP love story.

Cheerful rose, M, back to NZ after many lovely visits downstairs at the café.

Nina, my most favourite chocolate-face girl, had her own birthday party and now officially age 3.

New dance artists from USA arrived late night with surprise and bring the whole space a quite brisk spirit.

New friend, S started off for a long journey right after a nice and refreshing coffee/ milk tea conversation. The time ran so fast; therefore, discussion of "how rain can definitely taste like wine" is formally arranged as one of the topics for our next catch up.

Friend,A, is going to leaving soon at the end of April, and still trying to discover the different faces of Taipei with my own spacy style of guide.

Colleague, C, left the bar and now becomes Ms. Manager, we somehow missed the chance to become partner in crime behind the bar; however, still  lovely to see her arriving the bar with an elegant professional look and a beer in hand. 

Things are kinda old and new, come and go, in a snap.

I wonder, how many things or people I had missed in life before in my own city?
Or, can I really make it to catch up so many things happening in life at the moment?

Always many interesting visitors to the café/bar, and surely along with some unnamed ones who just make me have to try my best to avoid rolling my eyes in front them.

One day in the café I met a very interesting customer with sharp eye look who works in film industry, he accidentally asked me what my story is. I suddenly paused and couldn’t really figure out a good brief summary of my life at that very second. Unexpectedly but thought-provokingly, this moment is kinda frozen and so am myself.

And that becomes another item on my catch-up list that I need to find out my own story, and so many other interesting stories somewhere in this city, and the world.

Comments

Popular Posts