Waitress’ Diary 13 - Outsider

-->
Definition by Free Online Dictionary
n.
1.
a. One who is excluded from a party, association, or set.
b. One who is isolated or detached from the activities or concerns of his or her own community.
2. A contestant given little chance of winning; a long shot.


Loving being with people yet still enjoy own space; therefore being a waitress could be seen as one of the best opportunities for me as an occupation. Despite of payment and some other working conditions, things all seem to be fine at the moment.

That I have had chances to witness, observe, and approach people with a certain and concrete excuse. “Would you like to order something to eat?” or “Wanna drink anything?” so far become the most frequent repeating conversations during my daily life.

Sometimes I’m happy and of course sometimes vice versa. This place is like Arcadia to me at the moment, locating between busy traffic, that I’m able to stay away from the turmoil of city.

People come here for a moment of slowness in life, good food with friends, coffee as a morning call, reading a book in the yard, and a beer in hand with friends. Not sure whether they enjoy my being, but I have to admit their company does inspire me, no matter in a pleasurable or not so pleasurable way.

And I’m also there, to serve, to participate everyone’s life for that certain moment. People come and go, and that area behind the bar, becomes the most proper spot for a natural born outsider as me.

That I can be one of them, and also not one of them.

Though things might change in a way which I don’t expect, yet I hope my curiosity never fades away. 

By the way, here is my most favourite music of the day, “Every Party Has A Winner and Loser” by Erlend Oye, somehow it reflects part of my mind at the moment.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBc9So685A4&feature=related

I’m always dreaming to have so many things which I don’t or can’t have in life, such as pretty long legs, talent in learning different languages, crazy head for writing, a body can tolerate alcohol, green thumbs, sense of art, cooking skills, good luck in love life, numerous faithful reader for my blog, a proper and decent job…This list can go on and on. Yet at this certain moment, I only wish I can have a pair of ears which can always hear this voice.

And yes, HE & Kings of Convenience are coming to Taipei this April. I have been waiting for so long, since that summer 2005 in the UK. And I so wish that you are here with me, and we are hearing them, this voice, and riots from the crowds. Well, another item on my so-wish-but-can’t-happen list, I guess then.

Comments

Popular Posts