Secret (Bali Trip Day 4, 2010/11/05)




Back to my Bali travel note after a long time of laziness and ignorance.


Have been quite busy back in town after my extremely relaxing vacation in Bali, yet, still been unproductive. If there is any major to do with being professionally laid back and fooling around, probably I can apply for a PhD.

Holiday atmosphere is around the corner, sunshine seems far away. But compared to the unusual freezing cold winter in Europe, I think I have nothing to complain. At least I went for a walk in the park couple days ago, read on the grass, under a thin cover of velvet warmth.

That day slightly reminds me my time in Bali, slow and gentle, doing nothing concrete, yet the feelings are for real.

Back to my formal travel note. On the 4th day of tropical vacation, after being baptized by endless good food (with surprisingly reasonable price) and massages, we prepare for the big party.

One night when I was chilling and enjoying the rice field night scene with a clove flavoured cigarette in hand on my hotel room balcony, I overheard a secret.

A secret from the room next door, a sweet and soft secret made of tune and happiness.

My bride friend was rehearsing songs which she is going to sing at the wedding, a song for her happy tip tap dancing partner to be. Mellifluent voice travels to my ears, like coconut with a dash of lemon juice, refreshingly sweet, wipes off all the muggy daytime tiredness.

Nights in Bali are quiet, lights are on in the houses over a distance.

I’m on my little silent kingdom, hearing and loving this secret, of love.

Comments