Life Collection – Make them laugh



An ordinary autumn afternoon, sky is a bit grey, seems like it’s going to rain in any second. Take metro all the way towards north, slightly unusual for today, I’m on my way for a sweet date to see my loves.


My very good friend, C, is heading back to fish-and-chips land soon. Always too much to catch up, yet too little time. A decade has flown within one blink, almost one-third of my life.

While I arrive, tots are already awaiting with Dora for her energetic adventure to big red rock whilst C is burying himself in tons of books. Cutie is smiling and says “Daddy I wanna see make them laugh”. So C steps out and plays her most favourite film. The film we saw last time, the film with beautiful man and gorgeous lady, the film with dance and music, the film with high and low but always eventually a lovely happy ending, the film seems like a dream.

Gene Kelly is singing with an umbrella on the street, whilst cutie is moving her body with the sound, and monkey is of course sucking his thumb with a satisfied smile sitting in my arm.

Second time we watched this film together, amazingly cutie still has the same enthusiasm and energy for the same story which she has seen for maybe 20 times.

I can’t help but wonder, what do tots think when they are little? Will they remember this moment as I do after they grow up? Will cutie remember I improvised her a long dress with a Thai style scarf? Will she take care of the little golden red pig that I gave her just for her smile?

Will they remember me?

I hope this film can last for at least longer if can’t be forever.

Time has flown within one blink.

For whatever it will take, yes, please make them laugh.


Comments

Popular Posts