France Trip Day 1 – Bon Appétit (2010/05/10)

-->
After 3 hours delay, I finally arrived. Paris is surprisingly cold and raining, sadly found out it would be my first time having Paris in rain.
  


For the past 24 hours, my most frequent activity is packing, travelling on car and airplane and my 2 legs, and also eating. 5 meals within 24 hours. Usually the flight meal is never considered tempting; however Air France does show their proud blood in terms of food.

Finally reached my dream land. After a long haul flight, what could ever comfort me is definitely food instead of rest.

Montmatre for dinner is of course a fabulous idea which can easily wipe off my jetlag and discomfort of being blocked inside a small space for too long. Technology is everywhere; so we step into a little green-door restaurant after I-Phone's suggestion. Tiny cute rectangle space, approximately 5*3 meter square and around 24 seats inside. It seems Monday night is not an excuse for Parisians to be quiet, even the miserable weather can't beat the spirit for dining out. The little bistro is nearly full, and we luckily got the last 2 seats. Lottery Meal!

Very crowded bistro, people can easily talk to other at next table while the smell of food travels from this table to another. I ordered St. Jacques Scallop with rice whilst my friend had duck breast baked with cheese and mash potato. Plate is cheerfully appetizing decorated with a good amount of salad, not just plain lettuce but with rocket, tomato and a touch of olive oil and vinegar.

This tiny bistro does have a strong character. Warm and down-to-earth feeling is handed; enjoying good food with friends becomes the first option on the main course menu. My interesting discover is that somehow it seems that French people love to talk to each other, the conversation and laugh never even pause in this little space. The sense of connection is quite enjoyable; even I don’t understand a single bar of this chorus. All the notes together sound like a song, with a light smile hiding behind. It always surprises me that how people do seize the chance to build up communication with each other, even just a small talk with strangers from the next table, the waitress, the people pass by on the street and so on.

Outside is still miserably raining and cold; however, a good meal and warm company make me finally realize how rain can possibly taste like wine.

Moreover, French wine!

Comments

Popular Posts