apres la pluie, le soleil (after the rain, the sun)



A good friend, P, sent me text message “apres la pluie, le soleil” after I told him lately I’m fine, just annoyed by the rain.

“After the rain, the sun.”


It has been raining in Taipei for the past couple days; made this winter dim and almost washed away my vigor for new year resolution which I just made about 2 weeks ago.

Many of my friends decide to set off this year to different destinations and for various reasons, no matter on map or next step in life. It seems 2011 has a traveling theme, which reminds me 2005 in the UK, a string of hello & goodbye ongoing throughout that whole floating year.

And this situation has been steadily continuing even after I got back to Taipei, the place I call home. It’s always a mix feeling to say goodbye, especially being as the one who stays, I always of course hold a great expectation for a better life for them, and timing for our paths cross over again for us.

Through the mist, I can imagine your smile over there somewhere; departure is inevitable, we can’t be sure whether it will bring a better result yet we believe so hopefully.

By the time when I write this article, rain stopped, sun is not coming out yet, the sky is still grey, yet already a step in the right direction.

Comments

Popular Posts