Life Collection 10 – Leno has green eyes (2010/10/21)



Heard this song on an UK online radio channel, all of a sudden, it brings back my UK memory.


It was year 2005. One day a Norwegian boy told me he is in deep shit for a course assignment due to team members abandoned him for numerous rediculous reasons; therefore he terribly misses snow back home. He switched his msn picture to a little animal desperately drawing HELP on a window glass. “He looks as cute as you.” I said. Then he introduced me Poor Leno and Röyksopp.

That was my first time to get to know them.

Norway, a far away country before I came to meet this Norwegian boy and the only Norwegian band I know is probably A-Ha only. “Now you can tell people you know 2 Norwegian bands.” He said.

5 years after, we nearly lost contact. Sometimes people say stay in touch that might mean see you when see you. It’s a kind of fake promise, even though we do mean to make effort when saying that. Like we know certainly about the future.

Year 2005 in the UK was running fast, like hello and goodbye at the same time. I was always running here and there, missing my good friends back home, catching up the school work, going to some fantastic clubs, trying hard to understand British accent. And, attempting to make that Norwegian boy become mine.

For some items I succeeded, as for that Norwegian boy, I failed.

I still dream of that piece of land with snow and green, and all the things happening out there in that Nordic land, where people speak a strong tone of language from my liking, where people of course consume too much alcohol that I can never catch up for my whole life time, where the midnight sun shines. I sometimes miss my Norwegian boy with beautiful emerald-like eyes and then come to realize it’s actually another world away from my universe.

Just a sultry early autumn afternoon in Taipei, whilst I was listening to this online radio for some chill-out music. Röyksopp’s Poor Leno got me back to 2005, when we were, like a cliché, happy together. 

Poor Leno @ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJjhagh8dk4&feature=related

Comments

Popular Posts