Waitress' Diary 30 – Because of the people (2010/10/14)


An event night. Got myself prepared for the big crew. Beers are icy cold, piles of lemon slices are awaiting for endless yellow bubbles and mix drinks.


Sky starts drizzling; however the water couldn’t put off the fire for happy hour and free BBQ on a quiet Thursday night.

Actually not quiet at all.

Good to see old and new faces, at my maybe last chance being behind the bar for a drinking party.

“We are running out of all our happy hour beers now” I said, after a glance at the fridge. Rescue is on the way, we are all waiting in the middle of night. With or without patience.

I put the one last crystal green bottle deep down in the fridge where no one else can find, and shared this secret immediately with Mr. Heineken.

Not after a very long time, the last green bottle is surely gone. Mr. Heineken said “Do you know why I keep coming back to this country?” I smiled with curiosity.

Then he said “Because of the people!” with the last bottle of Heineken in hand. 

He ran around in the bar with unbelievable enthusiasm, always generously gives out a smile or hug with whatever tricks or jokes which come up with in his head at that certain moment.

Food is great, beer all sold out, night is still young. Mr. BBQ came to say hi and apologized that he forgot to save me some ribs. I was too busy to have the chance to taste a bit, yet by seeing the satisfied looks on people, I know it shall taste fantastic.

After a live gig, the night starts to become a bit quiet, yet gin & tonic is still serving.

Yes, because of the people.

Check Mr. BBQ @ http://www.88kbbq.com/

Comments

Popular Posts